A cost-efficient alternative to a PLC or PC-card
The Master Simulator is an easy to use tool to test the PROFIBUS functionality of any Fieldbus device. Two versions are available, one basic version for PROFIBUS-DP only, and a full version for both PROFIBUS-DP and DPV1. The automatic Slave identification functionality permits communication to almost any PROFIBUS slave device even if the normally required GSD file is not available. So it is possible, to initialize a slave device step by step and finally read or write the I/O data.
The Master Simulator also permits the address assignment of the Profibus slaves via the bus and to display and analyse diagnostic messages of Profibus slaves on the screen. The connection to the Profibus interface of the slave device is made via an RS-232 to Profibus converter, which is built-in into a small D-SUB connector housing. This converter is connected to the PC´s COM-Port via a serial connection cable.
- Easy to use test and diagnostic tool for PROFIBUS DP/DPV1 slaves
- Read / Write of cyclic I/O data in various formats
- The DPV1 version permits acyclic parameter read/write access
- Automatic Profibus slave address search
- Automatic detection of I/O data size
- Display of standard Profibus diagnostic messages
- Works also without GSD file
- No programming required
- No external power supply required
- Ideal for mobile usage with laptops running Win98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8
||62 x 34 x 15|
|Operating temperature||-0 to +55 °C|
|Power supply||5 Volt / 60 mA taken from the PROFIBUS interface of the device|
|Max cable length||2 meters|
|PC connection via||COM port (RS-232)|
|PC requirements||Win 9X/2K/ME/XP/7|
Order Code: 017504 (PROFIBUS-DP ONLY) – 017505 (PROFIBUS-DP/DPV1)
- PROFIBUS Master Simulator software CD
- Connection cable to connect the converter to a
PC COM-Port and an RS-232/ PROFIBUS converter
- USB-RS-232 configuration adapter (Order Code: 019570)
Guarantee: 1 year
Book your product
We are fully committed to providing our customers with the very best products and customer service. We believe in going the extra mile to ensure that each customer is satisfied with our products and solutions. We have the experience and the reputation in the field to deliver the products customers need to expedite their projects and assure quality every step of the way.
Main: +27 (11) 548 9960
Sales: +27 (11) 548 9970
Copyright © 2023 Industrial Data Xchange. All rights reserved.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA