PI System Manager
Designed for individuals who are maintaining the PI System. This course focuses on the server-side of the PI System, and it will provide you with a working knowledge of the tasks required to maintain a PI System and support the technical needs of its users.
This course is completed within five days. It includes a theoretical and practical aspect.
This training is only completed at our premises in Fourways, Johannesburg.
Receive a professional certificate for attending this course.
- Understanding Data Flow through the PI Server and the PI AF Server
- The PI Interface Defined
- PI Interface Configuration Utility
- PI Point Attributes and Interfaces
- Polling, Advise, and Event Points
- Organising your PI Tags into PI System Assets
- What is PI Buffering?
- Explore the PI Server Directory Structure
- What is the Event Queue
- Common Tuning Parameters
- Opening the Hood of the PI AF Server
- Safeguard Your Data
- Securing the PI System Environment
- Monitor Your PI System
- A Word About PI Server and PI AF Server Collectives
- Final Challenge – Building a PI System
This course is most beneficial if the attendee has a technical background or experience working in digital communications systems.
Occasional exposure to industrial networks has been found to be insufficient in preparing potential candidates.
Have a good command of the English language
Be able to understand and interpret technical ideas and systems
Understand the basics of communications and what it entails
While the IDX Academy makes every effort to assist attendees in understanding the subject matter and associated concepts, the course time is limited and therefore the IDX Academy cannot be held responsible for attendees that fail to cope with the material covered.
World-class Training Experience
We train the best to build the best. For over two decades, we have been delivering quality training, qualifying hundreds of skilled technicians and engineers all around Africa. Contact us for more information
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA