Convert almost any type of serial protocol
The Linking Device is capable of converting almost any type of serial protocol such as Modbus RTU, DF1, ASCII, or any other type of proprietary; Request/Response or Produce/Consume protocol.
It performs intelligent protocol conversion and presents the serial data to the Logix PLC as easily processed I/O data. This offloads your Logix PLC from working with additional calculations. Connect any RS-232/422/485 serial device to ControlLogix® or CompactLogix® controllers with an EtherNet/IP interface.
Connect, Configure, Done!
EtherNet/IP Linking Devices are configured using a Custom Add On Profile for Studio 5000 Logix Designer. This dynamically generates data structures for each device connected. No ladder logic files (add-on instructions) needed.
Furthermore, it also supports automatic generation of named and structured Studio 5000 controller tags, which eliminates the need to create alias tags
Seamless integration with Studio 5000
With its unique Studio 5000® Logix designer integration, everything is accessible from within Studio 5000, including then serial network configuration. No extra 3rd-party software, licenses or programming required.
- EtherNet/IP interface
- Serial protocol configuration features
- In the box
- Enables the retrofitting of existing serial RS232/422/485 devices with Logix PLCs with EtherNet/IP
- No hardware or software changes, for the connected device
- Connects up to 31 serial nodes via RS-485
- Up to 500 bytes of Input data and 496 bytes of Output data
- Speed up configuration through seamless integration with Studio 5000 Logix Designer
- Compatible with all ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLCs supporting EtherNet/IP
- Easy to setup with Custom Add On Profile with no programming required!
- Everything configured through Studio5000®, no 3rd party software or licenses needed
The Linking Device has the very latest ODVA EtherNet/IP adapter functionality
- Dual EtherNet/IP ports 10/100Mbit, full or half-duplex operation
- Announced-based DLR (Device Level Ring) and linear network topology supported
- Support for multiple (Exclusive Owners) I/O connections (Max 10)
- ODVA EtherNet/IP conformance tested
- Selectable RS-232/422/485 interface
- Modbus-RTU Master functionality with pre-defined Modbus-RTU configuration wizard
- DF1 Master functionality with selectable pre-loaded DF1 commands
- Ability to configure ASCII or vendor specific protocols (Request/Response or Produce/Consume via a visual byte-based frame building)
- Ability to make popular checksum calaculations
- In-built Line Listener to analyze serial telegrams on the sub-network (accessable via Studio5000)
|120 x 75 x 25mm or 4,72 x 2,95 x 1,06″
|0 to +55 °C or 0 to +131 °F
|-40 to +85 °C or -40 to +185 °F
|24 VDC +/- 10%
|max. 300mA (Typical 100mA)
|PC ABS, UL94
|YES, on both BUS/Ethernet side
|IP20, NEMA rating 1
|DIN-rail (EN 50022 standard) or Wall mount
|10/100 Mbit/s autodetect
|Any valid IP address can be used
|Configurable via a web-page, configuration tool, DHCP/ARP, or via DIP switches
|ODVA, CE, CULUS, ATEX/Haz.Loc
|HMS-EN2SE-R Linking Device, Installation guide,
D-sub connector with screw terminals for sub-network.
(Power supply not included)
|USB-RS-232 configuration adapter (Order Code 019570)
Book your product
We are fully committed to providing our customers with the very best products and customer service. We believe in going the extra mile to ensure that each customer is satisfied with our products and solutions. We have the experience and the reputation in the field to deliver the products customers need to expedite their projects and assure quality every step of the way.
Our expertise lies in establishing, maintaining, and leveraging plant data for business benefit. Through our innovative solutions, we work alongside you to streamline processes, enhance efficiency, and reduce costly downtime.
Main: +27 (11) 548 9960
Sales: +27 (11) 548 9970