A five-channel, high performance, CAN (controller area network) bus interface and standalone data logger
Kvaser Memorator Pro 5xHS is a five-channel, high performance, CAN (controller area network) bus interface and standalone data logger that allows users to monitor and collect data from up to five CAN channel using just one device. Standalone mode logs data to an SD card; interface mode connects to the PC via USB. This device supports CAN FD.
Configurable using Kvaser’s Memorator Config Tool, Memorator Professional 5xHS is also capable of running user-developed scripts, written in the Kvaser t programming language. Guidance in creating t programs is supplied.
- Monitor 5 CAN channels simultaneously using just one device, or connect the USB cable with a single 9 pin DSUB for single CAN channel monitoring.
- Supports CAN FD, up to 8 Mbit/s (with proper physical layer).
- Automatically time synchronises the data transmitted and received across all five buses.
- Built-in Kvaser MagiSync technology time synchronises with other Kvaser interfaces connected to the same PC, resulting in simpler and more accurate multichannel data capture.
- Script functionality allows users to develop customised t-script applications written in the Kvaser t programming language.
- Plug and play installation, and a comprehensive user guide to help make t script development quick and easy.
- Log data to an expandable SD card slot.
- LED lights alert the user to device status, including signalling a full SD card or card error.
- Power derived from the USB connection, CAN, or an in-built power supply.
- Compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000®, and DeviceNet.
- Supports CAN FD.
- 2-Year Warranty.
- Documentation, software, and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
- Log continuously, or logging can be triggered by creating advanced triggers based on messages, data signal values, error messages, external trigger’s falling or rising edge, and I/O signals.
- Pre- and post-triggers are available without buffer size restrictions, limited by disk space only.
- Filter out selectable messages and/or signals to be logged. The identifiers can be picked from a database, or all messages can be logged.
- Support for a pass as well as stop filters.
- Create a counting pass filter to have a message logged at the enumerated occurrence.
- Handles up to 20,000 msgs/s in standalone logger mode.
- The external digital output can drive an LED or a buzzer.
- Supports Silent Mode – Log bus traffic safely without interfering and “listen-only” mode for bus analysis tools
Memory Cards and Functions
- Supports SD and SDHC memory card formats.
- Set up several devices in a daisy chain for larger logging capacity.
- NOTE: Product ships with Commercial Grade SD card (-25 to +85°C). Industrial Grade SD cards (-40 to +85°C) are available for additional purchase.
Configuration Software in the PC
- Easy to use graphic configuration tool – Memorator Tools.
- Configuration of the CAN controller, i.e. bit rate and filters.
- Configuration of the trigger conditions.
- Configuration of filter for messages to be stored.
- Configuration upload and download via USB.
- Using the included Kvaser Dispatcher software, a complete measurement setup can be turned into a self-installing package that is sent to a remote location to carry out a specific logging task.
- BITRATE: 40-1000 kbps
- CATEGORIES: Hardware, Dataloggers
- CERTIFICATES: CE, RoHS
- CHANNELS: 5
- CONNECTORS: 26-pin HD D-SUB
- CURRENT CONSUMPTION: Up to 3W
- ERROR COUNTERS READING: Yes
- ERROR FRAME GENERATION: Yes
- GALVANIC ISOLATION: Yes
- HEIGHT: 68 mm
- INCLUDED CARD SIZE: 16GB
- INTERFACES: USB
- LENGTH: 170 mm
- MATERIAL: PA66
- MAX CARD SIZE: 64+
- MESSAGES PER SECOND RECEIVE: 20000 mps
- MESSAGES PER SECOND SENDING: 20000 mps
- OS: Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
- SILENT MODEvYes
- SOUND: No
- TEMP RANGE: -40 °C to +85 °C
- TIMESTAMP R (µ): 1 µs
- WEIGHT: 150 g
Book your product
We are fully committed to providing our customers with the very best products and customer service. We believe in going the extra mile to ensure that each customer is satisfied with our products and solutions. We have the experience and the reputation in the field to deliver the products customers need to expedite their projects and assure quality every step of the way.
Main: +27 (11) 548 9960
Sales: +27 (11) 548 9970
Copyright © 2022 Industrial Data Xchange. All rights reserved.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA