This unit replaces the Anybus AB7634-F Communicator
The Anybus Communicator Modbus TCP server – PROFIBUS DP device is an industrial protocol gateway that allows you to seamlessly transfer data between PLC control systems over Modbus TCP and PROFIBUS networks.
Anybus Communicators are designed to ensure reliable, secure, and high-speed data transfer between different industrial Ethernet and Fieldbus networks. Very easy to install and deploy, the stand-alone gateways enable transparent data exchange between PLCs, allowing you to integrate legacy equipment into modern, high-performance networks without any changes to the hardware and only minimal changes to the software.
Award-winning Anybus NP40 industrial network processor
Anybus Communicators are built using the award-winning and proven Anybus NP40 industrial network processor providing network conformance, high performance, and reliability. When connecting between PLCs on different networks, extremely fast data cycling is enabled with data transfer of up to 1500 bytes in each direction, meeting most current control application needs as well as supporting future demands.
Quick installation is ensured thanks to the intuitive configuration, easy-to-understand documentation, and smart hardware and housing design.
- Instant data transfer – The time it takes to transfer data between two PLCs consists of the cycle time on the first network plus the cycle time on the second network. Internal data transfer in the Communicators is negligible as it’s in line with the natural variation of the network cycle times (jitter).
- Hardware-accelerated endian conversion (byte swap) – The Communicators can change the data representation (endianness) through a hardware-accelerated endian conversion to ensure data is presented correctly in each PLC. You can even convert different parts of the data area in various ways to handle different data types. It has no impact on performance, offloads the PLC of the data conversion task, and simplifies PLC programming.
Easy to Use
- Dedicated ethernet configuration port – no special cables required.
- Intuitive web-based drag-and-drop configuration interface – no need to install any additional software.
- Forward-facing ports make it easy to connect cables and the slim form factor saves space on the DIN rail.
- Troubleshoot problems with powerful diagnostics including live data monitor, status screen, and support package.
Latest Security Features
- Secure boot functionality to detect tampering with firmware and resist attacks and infection from malware.
- Security switch which locks your configuration and prevents any unauthorized access.
- The ports used in production have been disabled to prevent malware from being loaded via the ports.
Designed for industrial environments
- Robust compact housing.
- Industrial components are tested and certified according to CE and UL.
- Wide temperate range, -25°C to 70°C.
- DIN-rail mounting to enable installation close to connected devices, reducing the amount of wiring.
- Modbus TCP server
- Transfer up to 1 500 bytes to and from Modbus TCP (3 000 bytes total)
- 4 connections
- Function codes 01-06, 15-16, 23, 43/14
- Dual RJ45 Ethernet ports with 10/100 Mbit full duplex
- Daisy chaining with integrated switch
- PROFIBUS DPV1 & DPV0 Device (slave)
- Transfer up to 244 bytes to and from PROFIBUS (488 bytes total)
- Automatic baud rate detection up to 12 Mbit/s
- PROFIBUS slave address setting via onboard rotary switches or web interface
- Supports Sync and Freeze and Watchdog
- Supports I&M 0-3
- 1x D-sub 9-pin female PROFIBUS connector
- GSD file availabl
|Dimensions (L x W x H) with serial and power connector
|98 x 27 x 144 mm
3.85 x 1.06 x 5,67 in
|150 grams, 0.33 lb
|Buttons and switches
|Reset the button and security switch
|Gateway, Network 1 & Network 2
|PC ABS, UL 94 VO
|DIN rail (35 * 7,5/15)
|-25 to 70° C, -13 to 158° F
|-40 to 85° C, -40 to 185° F
|Up to 2 000 m
|12 – 30 VDC
|Typical: 160 mA @ 24V Max: 400 mA @ 12V
|3-pin plug with screw terminal
|Reverse voltage protection and short circuit protection
|2+2 x Ethernet
|10/100 Mbit full duplex
|Dual port cut-through switch
|PROFIBUS DPV1 Device (slave)
|Input data size
|Output data size
|Automatic baud rate detection up to 12 Mbit/s
|PROFIBUS slave address setting via onboard rotary switches or web interface
|Supports Sync and Freeze and Watchdog
|Manufacturer data (I&M0), Tag information (I&M1), Date/Time (I&M2), Description (I&M3)
|1x D-sub 9-pin female PROFIBUS connector
|GSD file available
|Max number of connections
|Input data size
|1 500 bytes
|Output data size
|1 500 bytes
CERTIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS
|CULUSfile number E214107
IEC 60068-2-1 Ab
|Vibration and shock
|Dedicated 10/100 Mbit RJ45 Ethernet configuration port and Ethernet ports
|Ensures software authenticity
|Physical switch that enables/disables access to the web-based configuration interface
|Gateway, power connector, start-up guide, compliance information sheet
MEAN TIME BETWEEN FAILURE
|> 1500000 h, Telcordia Method I Case 3 at 30° C
Book your product
We are fully committed to providing our customers with the very best products and customer service. We believe in going the extra mile to ensure that each customer is satisfied with our products and solutions. We have the experience and the reputation in the field to deliver the products customers need to expedite their projects and assure quality every step of the way.
Our expertise lies in establishing, maintaining, and leveraging plant data for business benefit. Through our innovative solutions, we work alongside you to streamline processes, enhance efficiency, and reduce costly downtime.
Main: +27 (11) 548 9960
Sales: +27 (11) 548 9970