Fast copying I/O Data (Big data support)
The Linking Device’s primary function is the fast transfer of large cyclic I/O data between the two networks. There is also support for acyclic data. This offloads your Logix PLC from working with additional calculations.
The Linking Device acts as a slave (adapter) on EtherNet/IP and as a powerful Master on the PROFIBUS side, handling up to 7000 bytes of I/O data. The data transfer between the two networks is completely transparent.
Minimise costs when connecting PROFIBUS networks and devices to ControlLogix® or CompactLogix® controllers with an EtherNet/IP interface.
Connect, Configure, Done!
EtherNet/IP Linking Devices are configured using a Custom Add On Profile for Studio 5000 Logix Designer which dynamically generates data structures based on the configuration. No ladder logic files (add-on instructions) needed.
Furthermore, it also supports the automatic generation of named and structured Studio 5000 controller tags, which eliminates the need to create alias tags.
Seamless integration with Studio 5000
With its unique Studio 5000® Logix designer integration, everything is accessible from within Studio 5000, including PROFIBUS network configuration. No extra 3rd-party software or licenses needed.
- Minimise costs when connecting PROFIBUS devices to your PLC. More cost-efficient than an in-chassis solution
- Allows support for “Big Data” — handling up to 7000 bytes of I/O data over multiple I/O connections on EtherNet/IP
- Speed up configuration through seamless integration with Studio 5000 Logix Designer.
- Compatible with all ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLCs supporting EtherNet/IP
- Everything configured through Studio 5000 — no 3rd party software or licenses needed
- Dynamically generates data structures in Studio 5000 with no required user logic
- Configuration of the PROFIBUS network and data structures through Customer Add-On Profile
- Routing of acyclic data via predefined CIP objects available for specific PROFIBUS DPV1 read and write requests
- Control/Status information added to I/O data for diagnostic purposes
- Live List of the active status of connected slaves
- No need for long and expensive PROFIBUS cables — use Ethernet cables for the longest distance.
The Linking Device has an integrated powerful PROFIBUS Master interface:
Complete Profibus DP Master functionality according to IEC 61158
Max 3500 bytes in each direction over multiple I/O connections on EtherNet/IP
Controls up to 125 slaves
Acyclic Communication (DP-V1, Class 1 & 2)
Supports all common baud rates up to 12Mbps
Galvanically isolated PROFIBUS interface
The Linking Device has the very latest ODVA EtherNet/IP adapter functionality
- Dual EtherNet/IP ports 10/100Mbit, full or half-duplex operation
- Beacon-based DLR (Device Level Ring) and linear network topology supported
- Support for multiple (Exclusive Owners) I/O connections (Max 10)
- ODVA EtherNet/IP conformance tested
|Dimensions (L•W•H)||110 x 35 x 101mm or 4,33 x 1,38 x 3,98″|
|Operating temperature||-25 to +60 °C or -13 to +140 °F|
|Storage temperature||-40 to +85 °C or -40 to +185 °F|
|Power supply||24 VDC +/- 20%|
|Current consumption||Max 300mA, typical 220mA.|
|Enclosure material||PC ABS, UL94 VO|
|Galvanic isolation||YES, on both BUS/Ethernet side|
|Mechanical rating||IP20, NEMA rating 1|
|Mounting||DIN-rail (EN 50022 standard) or Wall mount|
|PROFIBUS baudrate||9600 bit/s – 12 Mbit/s|
|PROFIBUS address||Node address 0-125|
|PROFIBUS connector||D-sub 9-pin female|
|EtherNet/IP baud rate||10/100 Mbit/s autodetect|
|EtherNet/IP connector||2x RJ45|
|EtherNet/IP address||Any valid IP address can be used|
|TCP/IP settings||Configurable via BOOTP-DHCP server or via Anybus IP config|
|Certifications||ODVA, CE, CULUS, ATEX/Haz.Loc|
|Included components||HMS-EN2PB-R Linking Device, Installation guide, (Power supply not included)|
Book your product
We are fully committed to providing our customers with the very best products and customer service. We believe in going the extra mile to ensure that each customer is satisfied with our products and solutions. We have the experience and the reputation in the field to deliver the products customers need to expedite their projects and assure quality every step of the way.
Main: +27 (11) 548 9960
Sales: +27 (11) 548 9970
Copyright © 2023 Industrial Data Xchange. All rights reserved.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA