Designed for harsh industrial usage as well as road or railway installations
Does your PROFIBUS DP installation require fiber optic data transmission? The ProfiHub F1 is a robust network component that converts RS-485 bus to multi mode fiber optics with minimum data delay.
The ProfiHub F1 is used to convert PROFIBUS-fieldbus network signals from copper to fiber optics. The device can work as a ring module or in a line or point-to-point structure. If a message is received on a channel, it is electronically processed, amplified, and switched to the remaining channels.
The system contains one channel with a DB9 connection and two channels for fiber optic ring ST Multimode at 1310 nanometers wavelength.
Conform to strict safety standards
The ProfiHub F1 is rugged to electrical and magnetic interferences. The potential separation of transmitter and receiver, as well as ranges up to 5 km between two fiber optic systems, are important performance features of the transmission with multimode fiber optics.
The system is especially suitable for applications with strict safety requirements, for instance, applications in the process industry, tunnel ventilation systems, and railway technology.
Connected with Procentec ComBricks, the ProfiHub F1 enables the unique FiberView feature for network diagnostics. This works similarly to a traffic light. If the traffic light on the device is green, everything is fine. Seeing a yellow light means the budget is still tolerable, but already below a certain system reserve. A red light means there is a serious error. The benefit of this feature is that you will get an early warning when the fiber isn’t optimal.
- Screw terminals as well as DB9 connector
- Redundant power supply
- Supports all PROFIBUS RS 485 protocols
- Hot slave insertion and removal during operation
- Short circuit protection on each channel
- Compact and robust construction
- Status and error display (per channel)
- Suitable for all DP cables
- Straightforward networks
- Extendable installations
- Cost reduction
- High transmission capacity
- Long distances
- Small dimensions
- Very little loss of signal
- No electromagnetic interference
- High stability of the system
- Dimensions D × W × H: 113mm × 61mm × 115mm
- Weight: 500 grams
- Material: Stainless steel, powder-coated
- Mounting: DIN rail
- Operating temperature: ‐40° … +70° Celsius
- Storage temperature: ‐40° … +85° Celsius
- EMC: EN61000-6-2 / EN55022 Class B +A1 + A2
- Ingress Protection: IP 20
- Operating voltage: 12 … 30 VDC
- Power consumption: 5 Watts, 200 mA (24V)
- Potential separation: 500 VDC
- Failure relay contact: 25VDC (1A) / 60VDC (0,3A)
- Dynamic spur lines to devices
- Star, tree, and bus structured networks
- Pull/Plug motor control centers
- The barrier for non-galvanic isolated equipment
- EMC-sensitive applications
- Applications with device and cable stress
Book your product
We are fully committed to providing our customers with the very best products and customer service. We believe in going the extra mile to ensure that each customer is satisfied with our products and solutions. We have the experience and the reputation in the field to deliver the products customers need to expedite their projects and assure quality every step of the way.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA