PROFIBUS RS485-IS Module
The ComBricks RS 485 Intrinsic Safety barrier is capable of creating segments for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. It complies with the specifications for PROFIBUS DP in IS segments and drives 31 RS 485-IS PROFIBUS DP devices. ProfiTrace and an Oscilloscope are integrated and also suitable for Intrinsic Safety.
The RS 485-IS barrier is the only available product for remotely monitoring IS segments over Ethernet from the safe zone. Because of the permanent mounting of the barrier, the user does not have to touch the installation any more. This avoids hot permits and other paperwork.
As an alternative it can also be used as a bus monitor on existing IS segments created by 3rd party barriers. The IS barrier can be mixed on the backplane with other ComBricks modules like the PROFIBUS PA, Fiber Optic, and regular RS 485 modules.
The Barrier is intended to be installed outside the hazardous area or in an enclosure with a suitable type of protection. A special IS DB9 PROFIBUS plug is required that contains a terminator defined in the RS 485-IS PROFIBUS Installation Guideline.
Electrical and Mechanical
- 1 Bus channel
- 31 devices/busloads per channel
- 1200 m cable length (depends on baud rate)
- 1 DB9 connector
- Wire diameter (for the screw terminals): < 1.5 mm2
- Wire type: stranded or solid core
- Transparent for all PROFIBUS protocols
- 9.6 kbps – 1.5 Mbps (auto-detection)
- 2 bits delay time (12 bits in redundant mode)
- No address required
- Bus redundancy (selectable)
- Delay time jitter: Max. ¼ Tbit
- Uo = 4.2 V
- Io = 149 mA
- Ui ≥ 4.2 V
- Li ≈ 0 μH
- Ci = Negligibly small
- Output characteristic: Linear
- II (2) G [Ex ia Gb] IIC
- EN-IEC60079-0: 2012
- EN-IEC60079-11: 2012
- EN-IEC60079-25: 2010
- Certification number: DEKRA 12ATEX0192
- Compliant with the PNO RS 485-IS Installation Guidelines V1.1
- Frequency: 192 MS/s
- Resolution: 27 mV
- Differential range: -3.49..+3.49 V
- 4 Networks selectable with switches
- 10 Modules (positioned in the first 10 slots)
- 450 mA current consumption
- Power supply: provided through the backplane
- Operating temperature: 0..60 °C
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 115 x 100 x 25 mm (without backplane)
- Weight: 150 g
- Head station firmware: 1.272 and higher
Book your product
We are fully committed to providing our customers with the very best products and customer service. We believe in going the extra mile to ensure that each customer is satisfied with our products and solutions. We have the experience and the reputation in the field to deliver the products customers need to expedite their projects and assure quality every step of the way.
Main: +27 (11) 548 9960
Sales: +27 (11) 548 9970
Copyright © 2022 Industrial Data Xchange. All rights reserved.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA