Create optical redundant ring topologies with multimode fiber optics
The ComBricks Fiber Optic Ring module for multi-mode technology (ComBricks FO Ring MM) ensures reliable optical data transmission in PROFIBUS networks. This multifunctional module is specifically designed by PROCENTEC to create optical redundant ring topologies with multimode fiber optics.
It allows long cable distances up to 5 km and galvanic isolation between devices and segments. The ComBricks FO Ring MM module is especially suitable for applications in heavy EMC environments such as oil & gas, waste treatment, and cranes.
The ComBricks FO Ring MM module
The ComBricks FO Ring MM module contains diagnostic LEDs which indicates the detection of a low level on the optics. Just like any other communication module, the channels are connected directly to the ProfiTrace OE core in the Head Station. An advanced email functionality will alert you when faults like low levels or broken rings arise. Because busmonitor data is directly available in the web server, it allows technicians to optimal maintain a PROFIBUS installation.
ComBricks FO Ring MM can be placed side by side with repeater modules allowing spur line diagnostics. It can also easily be used as a fully dedicated fiber optic modules mixed with copper segments. The advanced 12 Mbps core of the fiber optic module can be cascaded unlimitedly with other fiber modules.
- Fiber optic characteristics
- 2 Fiber channels (multi-mode)
- Max. 5 km cable length
- Ring, point-to-point, and line topologies
- 4 ST/BFOC connectors
- Multi-mode cable G62.5 / 125 (OM1) – 1310 nm
- Ring redundancy (switchable)
- No limit to cascading
- Optical budget: 13dB
- Optical loss: 2dB per km
- Head station firmware: 1.288 and higher
- Low-level display
- Event emails
- Transparent for all PROFIBUS protocols
- 9.6 kbps – 12 Mbps (auto-detection)
- No address required
- Transmission speed detection: Auto detect (< 10 s detection and 50 s time out)
- Delay time (per ring module): 2 TBit at 9.6 kbps .. 19.2 kbps; 3 TBit at 187.5 kbps .. 45.45 kbps; 4 TBit at 500kbps; 10 TBit at 1.5 Mbps; 20 TBit at 3 Mbps; 40 TBit at 6 Mbps; 80 TBit at 12 Mbps
- 4 Networks selectable with switches
- 10 Modules (positioned in the first 10 slots)
- Power supply: provided through the backplane
- Compatible backplane units: 101-200011, 101-200012, 101-200023, 101-200024, 101-200027
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 115 x 100 x 25 mm (without backplane)
- Weight: 122 g
- Operating temperature: 0 .. 60 °C
Book your product
We are fully committed to providing our customers with the very best products and customer service. We believe in going the extra mile to ensure that each customer is satisfied with our products and solutions. We have the experience and the reputation in the field to deliver the products customers need to expedite their projects and assure quality every step of the way.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA