Create optical redundant ring topologies with multi-mode and single-mode fiber optics
The ComBricks Fiber Optic Ring module for the combination of multi-mode and single-mode technology (ComBricks FO Ring XM) ensures reliable optical data transmission in PROFIBUS networks.
It allows long cable distances up to 30 km and galvanic isolation between devices and segments. The ComBricks FO Ring XM module is especially suitable for applications in heavy EMC environments such as oil & gas, waste and water treatment, cranes, mines, and tanks.
ComBricks FO Ring XM module
The ComBricks FO Ring XM module contains diagnostic LEDs which indicates the detection of a low level on the optics. Just like any other communication module, the channels are connected directly to the ProfiTrace OE core in the Head Station. An advanced email functionality will alert you when faults like low levels or broken rings arise. Because busmonitor data is directly available in the web server, it allows technicians to optimal maintain a PROFIBUS installation.
ComBricks FO Ring XM can be placed side by side with repeater modules allowing spur line diagnostics. It can also easily be used as a fully dedicated fiber-optic module mixed with copper segments. The advanced 12 Mbps core of the fiber optic module can be cascaded unlimitedly with other fiber modules.
Fiber optic characteristics
- 2 Fiber channels (multi-mode and single-mode)
- Max. 5 km cable length (channel 1 /multi-mode)
- Max. 30 km cable length (channel 2 / single-mode)
- Ring, point-to-point (direct, hub, split, star)
- 4 ST/BFOC connectors
- Multi-mode cable G62.5 / 125 (OM1) – 1310 nm (channel 1)
- Single-mode cable G9 / 125 (OS1) – 1310 nm (channel 2)
- Ring redundancy (switchable)
- No limit to cascading
- Optical budget – multimode channel: 13dB, single mode channel: 17dB
- Optical loss – multimode channel: 2dB per km, single mode channel: 0,4dB per km
- Low-level display
- Event emails
- Transparent for all PROFIBUS protocols
- 9.6 kbps – 12 Mbps (auto-detection)
- No address required
- Transmission speed detection: Auto detect (< 10 s detection and 50 s time out)
- 4 Networks selectable with switches
- 10 Modules (positioned in the first 10 slots)
- Power supply: provided through the backplane
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 115 x 100 x 25 mm (without backplane)
- Weight: 121 g
- Head station firmware: 1.288 and higher
- Operating temperature: 0 .. 60 °C
Book your product
We are fully committed to providing our customers with the very best products and customer service. We believe in going the extra mile to ensure that each customer is satisfied with our products and solutions. We have the experience and the reputation in the field to deliver the products customers need to expedite their projects and assure quality every step of the way.
Main: +27 (11) 548 9960
Sales: +27 (11) 548 9970
Copyright © 2022 Industrial Data Xchange. All rights reserved.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA