Seamless high-speed integration to PROFIBUS PA
The transparent PROFIBUS PA link/coupler enables seamless high-speed integration to PROFIBUS PA. It powers the attached PA devices and fully emulates them as DP devices on the backplane. Adjusted bus parameters are not required and therefore suitable for all DCS and PLC systems, even running on 12 Mbps.
The combined internal ProfiTrace and oscilloscope make this product extremely useful for remote maintenance over Ethernet. Jitter, noise, DC current, DC voltage, bar graph, and oscilloscope, it is all there and easy to access. The free CommDTM allows access to asset management tools over Ethernet.
ComBricks is able to carry 9 PA links and a RS 485 or Fiber Optic module. It can also be a customised mix of PA modules with other communication modules. The PA link provides 500 mA current on a customisable bus voltage. The integrated PA termination is automatically activated when the module works as a power coupler. It is switched off in the monitoring mode.
It does not require configuration and operates the same way as regular ComBricks repeaters. In the web server, the behavior on the PA side can be set, like retries (default 5) and the watchdog (default 3 seconds). This product can directly replace 3rd party Non-Ex PA couplers/links and can be used as a monitor behind existing 3rd party Non-Ex PA couplers.
- 9.6 .. 12 Mbps
- Fully transparent
- No adjustments required in Link mode
- Transmission speed detection: 9.6 kbps .. 12 Mbps (including 45.45 kbps)
- 10 .. 27 VDC customizable PA trunk voltage (Non-Ex)
- 500 mA trunk current
- 10 mA current consumption (in all modes)
- 32 (PROFIBUS PA specifications)
- 31.25 kbps PA signal
- 1900 m cable length (depends on trunk current)
- PA termination automatic (ON in coupler mode)
PROFIBUS PA connectors
- 2 Removable PA screw terminals (1-on-1)
- 1 Removable power connector (11 .. 28 VDC)
- < 2.5 mm2 wire diameter (stranded or solid core)
- AC FF voltage: 4 MS/s, resolution 7.5 mV, range -0.95 .. 0.95 V
- DC FF voltage: 1 kS/s, resolution 75 mV, range -38 .. 38 V
- DC FF current: 1 kS/s, resolution 1 mA, range 0 .. 1024 mA
- 4 Networks selectable with switches
- Link mode: 9 modules (in the first 10 slots)
- Coupler mode: 9 modules (positioned in the first 10 slots)
- Monitoring mode: 4 modules (positioned in the first 10 slots)
- 350 mA current consumption
- Power supply: provided through the backplane
- Compatible backplane units: 101-200011, 101-200012, 101-200023, 101-200024, 101-200027
- Diagnostic LEDs
- Required Head Station firmware: V1.279 and later
- Operating temperature: 0..60 °C
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 115 x 100 x 25 mm (without backplane)
- Weight: 133 g
- Head station firmware: 1.279 and higher
Book your product
We are fully committed to providing our customers with the very best products and customer service. We believe in going the extra mile to ensure that each customer is satisfied with our products and solutions. We have the experience and the reputation in the field to deliver the products customers need to expedite their projects and assure quality every step of the way.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA