An advanced, rugged, two-channel CAN (controller area network) to USB interface and standalone data logger
Kvaser Memorator R SemiPro is an advanced, rugged, two-channel CAN (controller area network) to USB interface and standalone data logger – two products in one! To ruggedize the design, Kvaser has soldered the SD card to the PCB to make sure it works error-free even when exposed to vibration and shocks. Galvanic isolation and an aluminium housing complete the package.
In standalone mode, this device logs data to an SD card, whilst in interface mode, it connects the CAN bus to the PC via USB. Connect this data logger to a PC to configure baud rates, trigger conditions, and filters using the Kvaser Memorator Tools software, included.
- One device for desktop and laptop, combining a standalone CAN bus data logger and a USB CAN bus interface.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B) identifiers.
- CAN messages are time-stamped with 2 microseconds resolution.
- Large onboard RAM buffer for CAN messages.
- Two high-speed CAN channels (compliant with ISO 11898-2), 10kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s.
- Galvanic isolation to protect the hardware.
- Power from CAN bus or from the USB side.
- Built-in real-time (calendar) clock with battery backup.
- Logger status is indicated with five externally visible LEDs.
- Driver support for major operating systems.
- Support for Kvaser Linx J1587.
- IP65 rated lightweight aluminium housing protects against dust and moisture.
- 2-Year Warranty.
- Documentation, software, and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
- Log continuously, or logging can be triggered by creating advanced triggers based on messages, data signal values, error messages, external trigger’s falling or rising edge, and I/O signals.
- Pre- and post-triggers are available without buffer size restrictions, limited by disk space only.
- Filter out selectable messages and/or signals to be logged. The identifiers can be picked from a database, or all messages can be logged.
- Support for a pass as well as stop filters.
- Create a counting pass filter to have a message logged at the enumerated occurrence.
- Handles up to 20,000 msgs/s in standalone logger mode.
- The external digital output can drive an LED or a buzzer.
- Less than 250 ms boot uptime.
- Supports Silent Mode – Log bus traffic safely without interfering and “listen-only” mode for bus analysis tools.
Memory Cards and Functions
- One fixed 4GB memory card.
- Set up several devices in a daisy chain for larger logging capacity.
- Upload logged data via USB at 1.2 MB/s when connected via USB 2.0 HiSpeed.
Configuration Software in the PC
- Easy to use graphic configuration tool – Memorator Tools.
- Configuration of the CAN controller, i.e. bit rate and filters.
- Configuration of the trigger conditions.
- Configuration of filter for messages to be stored.
- Configuration upload and download via USB.
- Using the included Kvaser Dispatcher software, a complete measurement setup can be turned into a self-installing package that is sent to a remote location to carry out a specific logging task.
- BITRATE: 10-1000 kbps
- CATEGORIES: Hardware, Dataloggers
- CERTIFICATES: CE, RoHS
- CHANNELS: 2
- CONNECTORS: DSUB 15
- CURRENT CONSUMPTION: 1W
- ERROR COUNTERS READING: Yes
- ERROR FRAME GENERATION: Yes
- GALVANIC ISOLATION: Yes
- HEIGHT: 20 mm
- INTERFACES: USB
- INTERNAL MEMOR: v4
- LENGTH: 200 mm
- MATERIAL: Aluminium
- MESSAGES PER SECOND RECEIVE: 20000 mps
- MESSAGES PER SECOND SENDING: 20000 mps
- OS: Win XP, Linux, Win 7, Win Vista, Win 10, Win 8
- SILENT MODE: Yes
- SOUND: No
- TEMP RANGE: -40 °C to +85 °C
- TIMESTAMP R (µ): 2 µs
- WEIGHT: 190 g
Book your product
We are fully committed to providing our customers with the very best products and customer service. We believe in going the extra mile to ensure that each customer is satisfied with our products and solutions. We have the experience and the reputation in the field to deliver the products customers need to expedite their projects and assure quality every step of the way.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA