Fast copying I/O data (Big data support)
The Linking Device primary function is with the fast transfer of large I/O data between the two networks. This offloads your Logix PLC from working with additional calculations.
The Linking Device acts as a slave (adapter) on EtherNet/IP and as a powerful client (master), on the Modbus-TCP network, handling up to 8 KB of I/O data. The data transmission between the two networks is completely transparent.
Minimise costs when connecting Modbus-TCP networks/devices to ControlLogix® or CompactLogix® controllers with an EtherNet/IP interface.
Connect, Configure, Done!
EtherNet/IP Linking Devices are configured using a Custom Add-On Profile for Studio 5000 Logix Designer which dynamically generates data structures based on the configuration. No ladder logic files (add-on instructions) needed.
Furthermore, it also supports the automatic generation of named and structured Studio 5000 controller tags, which eliminates the need to create alias tags.
Seamless integration with Studio 5000
With its unique Studio 5000® Logix designer integration, everything is accessible from within Studio 5000, including Modbus-TCP network configuration. No extra 3rd-party software or licenses needed.
- Minimise costs when connecting Modbus-TCP devices to your PLC. More cost-efficient than an in-chassis solution
- Allows support for “Big Data” – handling up to 8 KB of I/O data over multiple I/O connections on EtherNet/IP
- Speed up configuration through seamless integration with Studio 5000 Logix Designer
- Compatible with all ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLC’s supporting EtherNet/IP
- Easy to setup with Custom Add-On Profile with no programming required!
- Everything configured through Studio 5000, no 3rd party software or licenses needed
- Dynamically generates data structures in Studio 5000 with no required user logic
- Supports automatic generation of named and structured Studio 5000 controller tags
- Configuration backup in Studio 5000 project and Controller memory
The Linking Device has an integrated powerful Modbus-TCP Client/Master interface:
- Up to 4 KB of cyclic and acyclic I/O data in each direction
- Controls up to 64 Modbus-TCP server (slaves) connections and transactions
- Downlink Live List providing Modbus-TCP transaction status to uplink PLC
- Control and Status words for downlink network control/status
- Supports the generation of Process Variable Data Tags on Modbus command level
- Supported Modbus-TCP functions: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 15, 16, 23
- Dual RJ-45 ports available simultaneously. 10/100Mbit operation in full or half-duplex
- Modbus-TCP network configuration accessed through Studio 5000
The Linking Device has the very latest ODVA EtherNet/IP adapter functionality
- Dual EtherNet/IP ports 10/100Mbit, full or half-duplex operation
- Beacon-based DLR (Device Level Ring) and linear network topology supported
- Support for multiple (Exclusive Owners) I/O connections (Max 10)
- ODVA EtherNet/IP conformance tested
|Dimensions (L•W•H)||110 x 35 x 101mm or 4,33 x 1,38 x 3,98″|
|Weight||160 g, 0,35 lb|
|Operating temperature||-25 to +70 °C or -13 to +158 °F|
|Storage temperature||-40 to +85 °C or -40 to +185 °F|
|Power supply||24 VDC +/- 20%|
|Current consumption||Typical 150 mA @ 24 V|
|Enclosure material||PC ABS, UL94 VO|
|Galvanic isolation||YES, on both BUS/Ethernet side|
|Mechanical rating||IP20, NEMA rating 1|
|Mounting||DIN-rail (EN 50022 standard) or Wall mount|
|Modbus-TCP baudrate||10/100 Mbit/s autodetect|
|Modbus-TCP connector||2x RJ45|
|Modbus-TCP address||Any valid IP address can be used|
|EtherNet/IP baudrate||10/100 Mbit/s autodetect|
|EtherNet/IP connector||2x RJ45|
|EtherNet/IP address||Any valid IP address can be used|
|TCP/IP settings||Configurable via BOOTP-DHCP server or via Anybus IP config|
|SD Memory Card slot||YES, enabling easy module replacement|
|Certifications||ODVA, CE, CULUS , ATEX/Haz.Loc|
|Included components||HMS-EN2MB-R Linking Device, Installation guide, (Power supply not included)|
Book your product
We are fully committed to providing our customers with the very best products and customer service. We believe in going the extra mile to ensure that each customer is satisfied with our products and solutions. We have the experience and the reputation in the field to deliver the products customers need to expedite their projects and assure quality every step of the way.
Main: +27 (11) 548 9960
Sales: +27 (11) 548 9970
Copyright © 2022 Industrial Data Xchange. All rights reserved.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA